Friday, May 10, 2013

The past few months?

Well, I have been a slacker with blogging. Again.
Mostly b/c I have no interest in working on the computer after working on one all day.
Also, because Dave has been spending every minute every evening applying for jobs.

Here are a few highlights over the past few months.

1. Blue Jay's Game

Last weekend we celebrated my Dad's birthday in Toronto.
Dave & I were lucky enough to get Stephen & Stephanie to babysit & the two of us went to Toronto for the weekend. We got to go to a Blue Jay's game with my Dad, my Mom, Bryant, Laura, Josh & Jenna. We also then went out to Dave's favourite restaurant for Boston Pizza. It was such a fun getaway. 


2. Uncle Matt came to town. 

We had Dave's Uncle Matt come to visit so we had everyone over for Sunday Dinner.
Dave comes from a family of all boys. Dave's Dad comes from a family of 3 boys. And we also have 3 Born Boys. I have decided we need to have a family reunion & take pictures of all these generals of Born Boys. 






3. Basketball Season Began & Ended

Bryant ended his 1st season of Basketball & loved getting his 1st Medal.
With a house full of boys with lots of energy we thought sports are the trick to keeping them busy.

Here are a few pictures of Bryant during Basketball Season. 
The YMCA coaches were great!



4. Cleveland Zoo Rock & Roll Relay Marathon.

On the day of the final Basketball practice &  I too decided I was going to earn a medal.
That Saturday evening was the Cleveland Zoo Rock & Roll Marathon team Relay.


4 of us got together & ran the marathon with each lap being 1.2 miles long.
It took me 6 weeks to train for it & I do not like running but surprisingly I survived.
The boys were super excited for mommy to have a medal.
They were also the best cheering squad at the 1 mile mark!
For the next few days Bryant walked around with Mommy's medal & his medal.


 5. TBall Season Began.

And Myles is officially allowed to play sports.
Or at least almost officially allowed. He turns 3 in May so I figured it was close enough.

Baseball Practice started this past Tuesday May 7th. 
Both boys were so excited to start to play. I think Bryant was even more excited to be on a team with Myles. These two boys are best buds & love every minute together. 

Bryant is always looking out for his brother. The other day I threatened to get rid of Myles blanket "barney" & a few days later Bryant came to me & said "Mommy do not throw out Myles barney he loves it". 

Here they are at the park the week prior to baseball practice. 
Bryant loved running the bases.
Myles response was "that's kind of hard. I'm done". 


We got a lot of work to do but I think they will get the hang of it.
While at 3rd base a little girl decided to pick Myles a flower & give it to him.
I think she gave hime a flower because she saw that he enjoyed picking at the dirt while waiting for the ball.

After about 30 minutes Myles also decided he was done.


6. Swimming Lessons

Aunt Mary signed Bryant up for swimming lessons at the YMCA.
Bryant loves swimming. I think it is his favourite sport but only time will tell.
One Saturday while Dave was working I decided to take all 3 boys to the pool.

They all love to swim. 



Well that's a small glimpse of the past few months.
I have more to mention & will do it the next free moment I may get....


No comments:

Post a Comment